WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: black line under cursor

Don't worry, that black line is simply the "paragraph mark" or "pilcrow" symbol in Word. It's there to indicate the end of a paragraph and is not printed when you print or save your document. If you don't want to see it while you're typing, you can turn it off by following these steps:
  1. Click on the "Home" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  2. Look for the "Paragraph" section of the ribbon.
  3. Click on the small arrow in the bottom right corner of the "Paragraph" section to open the "Paragraph" dialog box.
  4. In the "Paragraph" dialog box, look for the "Paragraph Marks" section.
  5. Uncheck the box next to "Paragraph Marks" to turn off the display of the black line.
  6. Click "OK" to close the dialog box.

That's it! The black line should now be gone and you can continue typing without any distractions. If you ever want to turn the paragraph marks back on, simply follow the same steps and check the box next to "Paragraph Marks" in the "Paragraph" dialog box.