Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.word.general
Bob Lucas Bob Lucas is offline

Default Full Path of a file name

"trvlnmny" wrote in message
oups.com...
Using W xp & MS Word 2003. When I have a document open is there any way
that I can see the full path of the file name.
Thanks.

In Windows XP, open Control Panel. Then click Tools, followed by Folder
Options, followed by View. Untick the box marked "Hide extensions for known
file types". Close Control Panel.

Then, start Word. Open the Word document. Click on File, Properties,
General. Provided the path is not too long, full details should now appear.
The file name (at the top of the page) will show the file extension (usually
doc, although Word can also open files with different extensions, including
rtf, txt, htm and xml)