Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default Scroll on Window Restore?

Just a quick further test. Start Word in Safe Mode and open a document. Then
try min/max and see if the same problem occurs. From Start, Run, type in

winword /a

and press enter. Test now.

Terry

PS Can't get it out of my mind that Lenovo/IBM and ThinkPad have separated -
especially as my wife works for IBM and they still issue staff laptops and
call them ThinkPads!

"Greg" wrote in message
Well, nit-picky technically I don't have a Thinkpad, but OK. Hard to see
how the hardware would cause this, though. Just a mystery, and I'm sure
not the only one.

Sad news about Shift-F5. Restarting where I last left off was something I
very much liked about OpenOffice Write. Maybe it will come back to Word.
Keep pressing!

And many thanks for the information.

Terry Farrell wrote:
I'm not sure what this can be unless it is a ThinkPad oddity!

Shift+F5 is basically gone in Word 2007(when reopening a document). We've
had long discussions about it with the developers and frankly the reason
for its removal seems very weak. Let's hope it will be back restored some
time soon. We will certainly continue pressing for it.

Terry

"Greg" wrote in message

As you said -- strange.

Another oddity, which may or may not be related: Shift-F5 when I re-open
a file never does anything. The cursor just stays at the start of the
document. I can set and go to bookmarks manually. This is similarly
annoying, but also scarcely lethal. I've seen others post things I could
do in normal.dot to fix this, but I've never done such surgery and am
reluctant to start.

--
Greg

--