Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Simple newbie question:margins in print layout view

You're welcome.

"Keith R" wrote in message
Wow, that worked great!!
Thanks Suzanne!

Keith

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
For the first problem, see “Margin marks or crop marks appear on each
corner
of the page when you open a document in Word 2002 or in Word 2003”
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=839371.

For the second, see http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/WhiteSpace.htm

I would guess that the two problems don't occur simultaneously.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"Keith R" wrote in message
Apparently I've accidently changed some setting I can't find.

I use print layout view by default, as it is my preferred view.

However,
when I open a new document now, I get inverted "V"s in the corners
marking
where the margins are (ok, I can live with that I suppose) but more
importantly, the print layout view starts with my cursor at the top of
the
visible page- I can't scroll up and see the inch margin at the top.

This
is
important for me for visual layout, and aesthetics.

Can anyone tell me what setting I may have changed, and how to change

it
back so that all new documents continue to open in print layout view,

but
where I can actually see the whole page?

Thanks!!
Keith