Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Nit_Wit_400 Nit_Wit_400 is offline

Default Really odd -- only 255 characters merged...

On Nov 2, 12:20*pm, Peter Jamieson
wrote:

Although it's a pain to have to do it, if you can make one of the first
8 cells in the column longer than 255 characters, that /may/ fix the
problem.

The first cell in that column has about 30 characters, and the second
has A LOT of characters -- it is the cell being pulled. The following
cells in that column contain IF statements -- For example:AZ3= IF
(Sheet1!B29 = Yes,AZ4,AZ5); AZ6= IF (Sheet1!C29= Yes,AZ7,AZ5) ... and
so on and so forth.... AZ5 contains the "No" statement and every third
cell has the "Yes" Statement. AZ2 is the cell where I'm calling the
10 IF cells below it.

I hope this information helps.

However, there may well be circumstances where this kind of problem
occurs that I have not described there - e.g. there might be additional
problems if you have many columns with large texts.

In my data sheet, I have Columns A through BS filled with data. I
want to say about half of them are HUGE ("them" being the cells from
which the information is being pulled). The one's that aren't HUGE
are fairly small... no more than 20 or 30 characters.

It's just odd to me that the problem cell is the only one that's doing
this.

In my Word document, the very NEXT field has 1050 characters, and it
merges with no problems.

The site you mentioned seems very helpful, except for my problem
doesn't fit into any of those criteria mentioned. For instance, I'm
pulling my data from Sheet2 of the workbook.