Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie

Default How can I keep the button I added to my toolbar?

Adobe now offers a free 7.0.5 version update to Acrobat 7 that
supposedly fixes the problem without you having to edit the
registry. See http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/331259.html
for more information.

Judy wrote:
I've been having similar problems to the one garfield-n-odie suggested a fix
for in Word. However, in following his registry suggestions, I don't HAVE a
\Microsoft\Office\Word\Addins etc spot in my Registry. I do have Adobe 7,
although I don't see any presence of Adobe toolbar modifications in Word. I
get as far as \Microsoft\Office...and the rest of what garfield shows in his
string doesn't appear on my computer. Anyone else know how I might keep my
normal.dot template from changing all the time?

Thanks!

Judy

"garfield-n-odie" wrote:

Is Adobe Acrobat 7.0 installed on the computer? If so, the
Acrobat 7.0 Create Adobe PDF toolbar add-in for Word prevents
Word from automatically saving changes to the normal.dot template
(which is where toolbar customizations are stored). Customize
the Word toolbar button again, and click "Shift+File | Save All"
to force Word to save the normal.dot template. Alternatively,
you can prevent the Adobe add-in from loading by editing the
Windows registry key
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Wo rd\Addins\PDFMaker.OfficeAddin"
and changing the "LoadBehavior" subkey value from 3 to 0, but
you'll lose the PDF toolbar if you do this.