Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yves Dhondt Yves Dhondt is offline

Default HELP with link to specific page in a pdf

Using #page= only works for sure if your pdf is on a webserver. That is, if
your link starts with http:// or https:// . In case of file:// links (local
ones) it depends on a number of aspects which you most likely can not
control for your users.

A solution which will always work is the use of named destinations. However,
that implies editing your pdf file. For more information on this topic, just
do a google search.

Yves

"Kim" wrote in message
how on earth in 2003 or 2007 do I create a hyperlink from my Word document
a specific page in a PDF? I have it linked to the PDF but can't get it to
specific page.

I looked on line and from what I can see it says to add #page= and then
the
page number. I'm not sure where in the link to add it but where ever I
have
put it, it does nothing.

Thank you.