Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default I would like a word to come up when i put in first letter in

I believe several people in this thread, including myself, have been
confusing AutoCorrect with the AutoComplete suggestion for *AutoText* (which
exists in Word 97-2003). It is strange, since AutoText was never mentioned
in the thread.

Sorry for any confusion. :-(

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Cheryl Flanders" wrote in message
I have never seen advice here along the lines of qu always changing
any word that begins with qu to something else you have in
AutoCorrect. This advice would mean that you can never use the first
two letters of any word as your Replace word.

I have advised using a semicolon as a prefix when you want to add
hyphenated words to something like a number, such as 4-year-old. The
semicolon (as well as other punctuation marks) forces Word to back up
and replace the space after 4 with the hyphen (in Word 2000 and
later). This also works for cc: where Word automatically capitalizes
the first c. Using ;c as your Replace word for cc: will force Word to
back up and automatically change the uppercase c to lowercase.

Cheryl

On Sep 4, 8:42 am, "Peter T. Daniels" wrote:
No, he was just repeating advice he's often read here. What, then, is
the point of prefacing each AutoCorrect key with "#"? (Someone else
recommends ";" as a prefix.) "Qf" is a better mnemonic for "Qualifab"
than "#Qu" is.