Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Mial merge Office 2007/Outlook

If you only have a few labels - less than a sheet - use the Envelope/Label
tool to create a new document and enter the content in the table cells.
Merging from Outlook is still quicker (especially if you use the same
pre-configured label document to merge.).

Mark wrote:
I did post it there.

I 'could' mail merge, and from the other forum they suggested that
was the only option. That's why I tried to do it using Word.

I just posted a suggestion over there for this feature. Usually I
only need to print a few labels and to go through all the steps to do
a merge would take longer than to just use a typewriter to do them by
hand.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

The explanation is much longer than the action - which is why I
posted the links rather than explain it all over again
Whether it is possible to create a label form in Outlook, I don't
know. It would seem to be a sensible idea - but this forum is about
mail merge in Word. Ask in the Outlook forum

Mark wrote:
Thanks for that reply. I'm sure it will work.

I can't fathom how you have to do all that just to print a stinking
label from Outlook though?

If I want to print maybe 5 labels it would take me much longer than
just writing them out by hand.

Why not just have a way to print a label form Outlook?

Sorry to rant, thanks for your help Graham.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

See http://www.gmayor.com/mailmerge_from_outlook.htm and
http://www.gmayor.com/merge_labels_with_word_2007.htm

Mark wrote:
I am trying to mail merge from Outlook 2007Word 2007. I would
really like to use categories,m but it doesn't seem to do that. I
have to take all contacts then keep Outlook open to see the sorted
list then manually select those I want.

But the bigger problem is that I can select the contacts I want,
but it doesn't pull any actual data. When I try to update labels
all I get is a full page of next record

If I select Create labels from the tool bar all I get is a blank
dialog, there is no data for me to select to format or print. If I
still there.

What am I doing wrong?