Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
charles charles is offline

Default Problem with inserted images

I never had this problem with .doc files, but now I'm working with docx and
I'm having intermittent problems controlling inserted images.

In one case I copy an image and paste it in-line with text into a new line
(formatting the line to be centered). Then I select the image and click to
give it a border.

The second time I do the exact same thing, but when I select the image,
Borders and Shading is greyed out and I cannot give it a border. Further, I
cannot specify different styles for the image and the text immediately
preceding it. If I change one, the other changes.

Any suggestions?

TIA,
- charles