Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How do I insert a footnote with continuous numbering?

Page numbering has nothing to do with footnote numbering. You have to set
the footnote numbering to be continuous, not "Restart each section" or
"Restart each page." You do this through Insert | Reference | Footnote:
Numbering. But note that if the document was imported from WordPerfect, you
may have additional problems.

"JK" wrote in message
Thanks fastwordhelp...but, unfortunately, it didn't work. I tried changing
the page numbering, I've tried everything possible with the footnotes and
still no luck.....any other suggestions??