Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Ryan

Default Change To Title Case Upon Mail Merge Problem

Hi,

Hope someone can help. I see similar problems discussed here, but the
solutions posted don't seem to be working for me.

We have a new customer datebase system that is SUPPOSED to allow us to
do mail merges into word documents we create. Our entire customer
database is in caps and, of course, we need it to be title case for
letters.

Sounds easy, but it hasn't been.

They have given us a manual that insists we use a certain format when
writing a letter and dropping in one of their fields. They are listed
as %CustomerName% or %CustomerPhone%, the fields are not dropped in as
you would with a normal mail merge letter within office, you must use
the "%" signs.

To us, that is new.

In any event, we have tried every word command we can find here for a
change to title case. We have tried it before the field command, after
the field command, after the "%" and before the last one. NOTHING
works and our letters come out in ALL CAPS.

We have asked for assistance and all we get is "it's easy to change to
title case in word, just use the normal commands". THAT IS NOT
HELPFUL.

Any ideas on what we should try?

Thanks!