Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Ryan

Default Change To Title Case Upon Mail Merge Problem

Doug Robbins - Word MVP wrote:
Press Alt+F9 to display the field codes and add the following formatting
switch inside the closing }

Sadly, because I am using "$" before and after the fields to make our
front end system happy, Word doesn't realize these are mail merge
fields so Alt+F9 doesn't bring up anything.

If I use the standard system for Word mail merge fields, our system
won't drop in the data because it wants to use "$" before and after
each field. Very fustrating.

I have written the software company for a solution.