Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
masterkeys masterkeys is offline

Default Table of Contents - Directory

Hi,

This is gonan be a tricky one, not sure if it can be done, but
anything is possible:

I currently download a lot of online quizzes, in Excel format, that
are numbered.

e.g. cgq00004.xls, cgq29103.xls, cgq01233.xls etc.

They are stored in one directory, with a sub directory of completed
ones.

I would like to build a table of contents, that has the follwing
headers:

Quiz ID (File Name - cgq and .xls) (hyperlinked so I can click on it to
load quiz)

And here's the tricky part:

Title of Quiz - This is either in cell E2 or E3 of the worksheet called
Quiz inside each file!!!!

and last but not least Completed - i.e. if it's in the completed
subfolder, it's done.

Preferabaly I would like it sorted by ID number.

Many Thanks in advance,

either post here, or send me an e-mail to
officefrustrationfull_stopcomat signmr8ball
full_stopcofull_stopuk

--
masterkeys