Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default How to sort your endotes alphabetically?

What you want is not endnotes but a numbered reference list. Find
instructions for this at http://daiya.mvps.org/biblio.htm#AlphaEndnotes

"yanne" wrote in message
I have a big document, with a lot of bibliographic references put in

endotes.
I would like to sort the endnotes list alphabetically (as is common for
bibliographic references), but I don't know how. Also, the refernces in

the
text should stay the same, even if reference number "1" will now no longer

be
the first item in the alphabetically sorted endote list at teh end of my
document.