Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Default Accessing Outlook Address Book from Word

In order for this to work, Outlook must be the default e-mail application.

Asking in Atlanta wrote:
I am using Office 2002. When using 2000 I could access the Contacts
folder through the Outlook Address Book to address an Envelope or
Label in Word. Now, I cannot. I have tried all the techniques I saw
in this forum, but I cannot get Contacts information to display in
Word, or even using Outlook itself (the Address Book icon -- the
Contacts icon works fine). I can display the Personal Address Book in
Word just fine but I like the Contacts folder interface better.

I should add that I have uninstalled Outlook and reinstalled only
Address Book Control. I use Outlook Express as my primary email
client but I am willing to keep Outlook in the system only to get a
MIDI address book -- except now it does not work. Any ideas on what
I am doing wrong?