Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Hazel Hazel is offline

Default why can't i send doc by email

"Mark" wrote:

Hi Terry. What does the "MVP" stand for? My question is this: like the
other person, SEND allows only a fax option with email "greyed out". I have
Microsoft 2007 home and student. I was looking at your instructions. Will
they work for me and how exactly do I implement it? Sorry, kinda new to this
stuff.

--
Mark

Hi Mark,

I also have 2007 Home & Student and am using XP. If I use the Send to link
under the button in the upper left hand corner (I think they're calling it
the pizza button) my only choices are Email as attachment (greyed out) and
internet fax.

At the moment if you want to send a doc as an attachment you'll need to save
it on your hard drive and attach it to the email manually.

To send the document so that it becomes the email body you'll need to
"Customize the Quick Access Toolbar" (QAT). There's little arrow to the
right of it. Click on that then choose More Commands; then click on the
arrow in the left column and choose all commands; the one you want is "Send
to Mail Recipient". The icon will appear in that toolbar and you'll then be
able to click on it to send your documents as emails.

I hope that this helps.

Hazel