Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
paul paul is offline

Default Unwanted paragraph breaks when pasting text

Jay, recently I stumbled upon the idea of having word paste "text only"
(instead of formatted text) whenever I right-click and select Paste. Would
this resolve the OP's issue?

This can be done by clicking on the bottle of glue icon at the bottom of
every block of text pasted; Word can also be made to make this the default
behavior (still allowing you, if you want to have formatted text, to click
the glue icon and select that option).
--
Paul

MS Office 2003
Vista Home Basic SP1
Dell Inspiron 1501

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

On Sun, 7 Jun 2009 16:09:01 -0700, PeterSJC
wrote:

If I paste text from a web page or a .txt file into Word 2007, I would like
to retain the paragraph structure, so that a paragrah break occurs whenever
there is white space (two consecutive line breaks) between two lines of text.
Instead, Word puts a paragraph break at the end of every line. Is there an
easy way to prevent those extra paragraph breaks?

It isn't Word that inserts the paragraph breaks; they're in the clipboard that
way from the web page or other source.

To clean up afterward, use the information in
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/CleanWebText.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman