Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Need help creating a list sorted by category in Word

Your Mailmerge main document needs to be set up as a "Directory"
("Catalog" in old versions of Word). If it is set up as "Letters" you
will get a section break after every record which will typically cause a
page break.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

wrote:
Hi macropod

I tried using your tutorial and I'm having the same problem I had with
my example. That is, if I take some code that should produce all the
text on one page I get the first record on one page (city one,
representative one) then on the next page I get the next record (city
one, representative two), even though they should be on the same
page.

Page one
These are the sales totals for ACT
City Representative Sales
Canberra Yang $2,100.00

Page two
These are the sales totals for NSW
City Representative Sales
Coffs Harbour Roulston $4,000.00

Page three
Dubbo Kristiansen $6,700.00

Page four
Newcastle Avard $3,400.00

I made sure not to add the Quote 12 text or any other text to the mail
merge.

What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks,
Mike