Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kevin B Kevin B is offline

Default Table of Contents question

Thanks Susan for your reply. I thought the same thing, that the TOC
formatted itself based upon the formatting of the heading text.

I just tried this again, where the style is Heading 1, and I formatted the
first word only of the heading text for red. I pressed Ctrl + A to select
the document, pressed F9 to update fields and selected Update Entire Table.
My TOC is still entirely in black.

I then created a new document and inserted a couple of headings, formatted a
word or two in a different color and when I generated the TOC it still shows
up as black text.

Am I missing something perhaps?
--
Kevin Backmann

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The TOC field *does* pick up direct font formatting; it does not pick up
formatting that is defined as part of the paragraph style.

"Kevin B" wrote in message
Is there a way to have the table of contents field code pick up the
formatting of Heading 1/2/3 at the level of a character.

I have a user that has generated a 3-level table of contents using 3
heading
styles but some of the text for these headings has the word "New" as a
prefix, and this word is formatted as deep-blue/bold font. The table of
contents just picks the font style of the heading itself, which is
black/bold.

Is this a Ford Model T type issue, where you can have any color you want
as
long as it's black (or whatever the heading style has selected)?

Thanks ahead of time.
--
Kevin Backmann