Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
RAJ2828 RAJ2828 is offline

Default how can I remove all tabs from a document?

Thank you for all of your ideas but I have tried them all to no avail. For
some reason if you try to copy and past multiple columns from Excel into Word
the columns end up becoming these tabs which would be fine to delete manually
except that there are over 5000 of them to be dealt with.

Also, the "find/replace" option doesn't seem to want to do them all at once.
It only lets me repalce one damn tab at a time - EVEN - when I hit the
"replace all key". There must be an easier solution that lets you just
remove all the tabs with the push of a button. Or atleast I hope there is.
Thank you all again and if anyone comes up with anything new I would really
appreciate the news. Thanks again!

Sincerely,

RJ

"Lene Fredborg" wrote:

Select Edit Replace (or press Ctrl+H).
In the "Find what" field, type ^t.
Make sure the "Replace with" field is empty.
Click "Replace All".

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"RAJ2828" wrote:

I have copied an excel spreadsheet into both Word and Notepad. How can I
remove all the tabs that were automatically created by the Excel columns?