Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
[email protected] brad@didi.com is offline

Default E-mail option for mail merge missing

Dear all:

I am running Microsoft Word 2002 on Windows XP and am trying
to merge to e-mail, but when I start the Merge Wizard (by invoking
Tools-Letters and Mailings-Mail Merge Wizard...) I get only four
radio-button choices: Letters, Envelopes, Labels, and Directory.

All the documentation I find says there should be an e-mail choice
there too, and when I added the Merge Toolbar at the top I see a
"Merge to E-mail" button--but it's disabled.

I use Eudora (MAPI compliant, and I enabled it) as a mail program.

What should I do to enable it? Or, if this is the wrong place to post
the question, please kindly tell this groups newbie where to post.

A reply to my e-mail address is fine--better, in fact, unless the
question is of general interest.

Kind Regards,
Brad