Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi G,

Is there a way to import XML data into a Word document table?

I do not need all the columns in the XML data file.

Which version of Word are we discussing? Assuming it's
2003, there's one method that doesn't require any VBA: the
IncludeText field provides a switch that will pick up an XML
file. Note that the XML has to be in WordprocessingML syntax.
There's also a switch that will allow you to apply a transform.

The Word object model (VBA) also has command that will allow
you to insert XML directly into the document text. Here, again,
it must comply to the WordprocessingML schema.

Otherwise, you need an approach such as Steve outlines.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister (last update Jun 8
2004)
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow
question or reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)