Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JERRY[_2_] JERRY[_2_] is offline

Default Quick Words

Thank you Suzanne. It works as you described. However, I seemed to have
unwittingly invoked something in the process that I don't quite understand.
I now get double spacing after running this procedure.

Could I have accidently trigered something to invoke double spacing on this
and every other new document that I create? Hey, what do I know? That's why
I am here in the newusers forum. When you begin to think you know quite a
bit about wordprossesing, try switching to another application. This has not
been easy!

Either I did something in this process or earlier in the day. I did worked
with other new documents earlier this afternoon and did not have this
happen. What could I have done to trigger this? Any help will be appreciated

Jerry

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/AutoText.htm and
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customization/AutoCorrect.htm. The difference is
that AutoCorrect is automatic; AutoText (called QuickParts in Word 2007)
requires action on your part. In previous versions this was just accepting
the AutoComplete tip by pressing Enter or Tab; in Word 2007, there is no
AutoComplete, so you have to press F3 after typing the first few letters
of
the entry name.

so
all may benefit.

"JERRY" JERRY@HOME wrote in message
A 20+ year WP user trying to convert to MSW.

WP had a feature whereby you could assign a pre-designed set of words

(like
an oft-used address) to a cobination of letters and then press the enter

key
and such (the address or whatever) would be inserted at the cursor's
position in the document.

Does MSW 2007 have such like feature? If so could someone take me step by
step thru.

With appreciation
Jerry