Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Default How does Word decide what name to use when saving new documents?(2007)

From another direction: Office Button Prepare Properties

But the Document Panel button should be one of two in the Templates group
you mentioned in this reply... At least that's where it is here, and I don't
recall having done anything to add it beyond activating the Developer Tab.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 5/27/08 2:31 PM, in article ,
"Three Lefts" wrote:

On Tue, 27 May 2008 12:52:03 -0500, "Suzanne S. Barnhill"
wrote:

Ah, right. I forgot that this is so friggin hard to get to in 2007. I've
added a button to the QAT for direct access, so I have to figure it out from
scratch every time. First you have to display the Developer tab. If you
haven't already done that, you do it by checking "Show Developer tab in the
Ribbon" in Office Button | Word Options | Popular.

I have the Developer Tab displayed.

Then, on the Developer
tab, click Document Panel.

Uh-oh. No Document Panel button/option.

I have the document full screen so I can see everything that's
available.

I have 5 section: Code, Controls, XMP, Protect, & Templates.

The Code section has a bunch of buttons for VB & macros.

The Controls section has a bunch of Controls on the left. On the right
side there is a Properties button, but I think it is about control
properties and it is greyed out anyway.

The XML section has Structure, Schema, Transformation (greyed out),
and Expansion Packs.

The Protect section has just Protect Document.

The Templates section has just Document Templates.

No Document Panel.

Now what?

I don't consider the Document Panel a substitute
for the Document Properties dialog but at least you can get to that dialog
by clicking Document Properties on the Document Panel and clicking Advanced
Properties... (question: since the menu has only one selection, why don't
you get to the dialog just by clicking the button?).

If you'll be using the Properties dialog often, do yourself a favor and add
a button to the QAT. The one you want is Advanced Document Properties under
All Commands in the Customize Quick Access Toolbar dialog.