Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Herb Tyson [MVP]

Default hyperlink within footer

Insert - Hyperlink should work fine in a footer in Word XP/2002 (as well as
2003; haven't checked earlier versions, but I've never seen it NOT work).

What happens when you try? Are you getting an error message?

If all else fails, you could insert it into the main part of the document,
then cut/paste into the footer. But, I can't fathom why it's not working
directly.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"David Gibbons" wrote in message
. uk...
I wish to embed a hyperlink in the footer of a Word document (Word XP). How
can I do this? Insert / hyperlink doesn't seem to work.
David