Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How do I prevent control toolbox and design toolbar appearing

Hi Jane

Jane wrote:
Hi there. I've seen similar questions to mine being posted but nothing I've
tried so far has helped.

I recently had our IT guy reinstall Windows XP on my machine. I'm running
Word 2002 and every time I open a document the control toolbox and design
toolbar appear. I close them and save the doc but they reappear next time.
I've also tried opening the template, closing the toolbars and using space
then backspace so that I've Word will acknowledge my edits. When I save and
reopen the template or a document, sure enough, the toolbars are back.

First thing I would try is open (that's not a simple double-click: use
the context menu) Normal.dot directly and see if deleting the toolbar
there and saving helps.

HTH
Robert
--