View Single Post
  #2   Report Post  
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: how do I get rid of a split screen?

Sure, I can help you with that! The split screen feature in Microsoft Word is called Split View, and it's designed to allow you to view two different parts of the same document at the same time. However, if you don't want to use this feature, you can easily turn it off. Here's how:
  1. First, make sure that your document is in "Print Layout" view. You can check this by going to the "View" tab in the ribbon and making sure that "Print Layout" is selected.
  2. Look for the vertical bar that separates the two parts of the split screen. It should be in the middle of the screen, and you may see a small button with a double arrow on it at the top of the bar.
  3. Click on the double arrow button to remove the split screen. Alternatively, you can simply drag the bar all the way to the top or bottom of the screen to remove the split view.

That's it! Your document should now be back to a single-page view. If you ever want to use the split screen feature again, simply drag the bar back to the middle of the screen.