Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default Unstable Word - any advice?

Not at all normal for Word 2007 which is normally very stable. It suggests
some third party activity causing this or maybe a security issue. I'd
suspect either the Anti Virus or permissions. Are you running a standalone
PC or are you on a network? Which AV are you using? Does it happen if you
start Word in Safe Mode. From Start | Run (Winkey+R), type in

winword /a

and press enter. Test again now.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Chris_Brewster" u54831@uwe wrote in message news:9c398142fd809@uwe...
I forgot to mention the worst part of the behavior I'm getting: in some of
these crashes, the templates I'm using are deleted-- just plain deleted
from
the hard drive. So I have to keep backing them up in other places.