Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Pinning file locations when opening Word 2007

You can still add folders to the Places Bar in Word 2007. Select a folder
and right-click in the Places Bar itself. One of the menu items will be "Add
'[folder name]'."

"Soapy" wrote in message
In 2003 when I clicked the OPEN dialogue box in Word on the top right side
there were little tools that allowed changing the appearance of the
layout.

There was also a tool called ADD TO FAVORITES that allowed me to "pin" a
folder on the left sidebar.

This allowed for FAST finding of specific folders without having to scroll
through file manger as I have to in 07.

Is there a way to accomplish the above? This is a BIGGY, as I find it
takes
me forever to find specific folders. I have to scroll all over the place
because I nest folders pretty deeply and don't put everything under Users.

Thanks