Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Pinning file locations when opening Word 2007

The Places Bar is the panel on the left that (by default) has buttons for
Trusted Templates, My Documents, My Recent Documents, Desktop, My Computer,
and My Network Places. I'm still seeing this in Word 2007 running under
Office XP. I believe the UI may be different under Vista, however.

"Soapy" wrote in message
Hi:
I don't know what you mean. What and where is a Places Bar?

I was talking about the Open Dialogue Box in Word and Pinning folders.

If you mean the same thing, please explain what and where a Places Bar is
when I click Open in word.

thanks

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You can still add folders to the Places Bar in Word 2007. Select a folder
and right-click in the Places Bar itself. One of the menu items will be
"Add
'[folder name]'."

"Soapy" wrote in message
In 2003 when I clicked the OPEN dialogue box in Word on the top right
side
there were little tools that allowed changing the appearance of the
layout.

There was also a tool called ADD TO FAVORITES that allowed me to "pin"
folder on the left sidebar.

This allowed for FAST finding of specific folders without having to
scroll
through file manger as I have to in 07.

Is there a way to accomplish the above? This is a BIGGY, as I find it
takes
me forever to find specific folders. I have to scroll all over the
place
because I nest folders pretty deeply and don't put everything under
Users.

Thanks