Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terri[_2_] Terri[_2_] is offline

Default Need help sorting and need a real pro - this is a toughy.

Pam:

I am starting with:

Ann smith

123 east main st

Anywhere PA 18298

John Doe

253 central ave

New York NY 10001

Bob Jones

87 munn ave

Harrisburg pa 18378

I select them all - go to Sort - on options I chose just a space bar and
then on the main page I chose Paragraph Text Ascending and this is what I
get.

123 east main st

253 central ave

87 munn ave

Ann smith

Anywhere PA 18298

Bob Jones

Harrisburg pa 18378

John Doe

New York NY 10001

Perhaps this is easier to tell me what to do...

Thanks!

"PamC via OfficeKB.com" u43222@uwe wrote in message
You say it doesn't work, but you haven't said what you get. Does it not
sort (rearrange) at all? Or does it rearrange oddly?

BTW, I agree that for your undelimited list, Word should provide the
simplest
way to get the sort done.

Pam

Terri wrote:
I can't use Excel for this as it is simply a list which I fax daily but
would like it sorted. It still is not working at all with the instructions
given. Any other suggestions?

Perhaps someone can tell me how to sort this list:
1. joe smith 1 main st someplace ny 11300

[quoted text clipped - 9 lines]
spreadsheet application rather than a WP one. Depends on what you are
using the data for...