Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
David

Default How do I overstrike / double-strike characters in word?

Thanks Suzanne, I think your very comprehansive notes, combined with Greg's
Helpful tips have answered my question exectly. Now I have to find out how
to "embed" the final device into a document (*.doc or even an e-mail) without
it always showing the Equation Field rether than the character created!

I'll get there...

Thanks.

dgl

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You need the EQ \o field. See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Overbar.htm

"David" wrote in message
I would like to be able to type a second character over another (ie type a
cross (X) on top of another character. I am pretty sure there is a way to

do
this "double strike" thing, I seem to remember meeting it once but now

that I
actually want to do it...