Doug Robbins - Word MVP

And just how to do you "un merge" a document created by executing a
mailmerge. AFAIK there is no way to do that.

Something here does not ring true of a mailmerge.

--
Please post any further questions or followup to the newsgroups for the
benefit of others who may be interested. Unsolicited questions forwarded

Hope this helps
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"philip carr" wrote in message
No matter where the cursor is before you merge once merged it appears at
the
top of the , page lefthand side.I can not then select any text , move the
cursor , or type any text into the letter unless of course I un merge
first.

Regards

Philip Carr

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

There is no setting that I know of that would cause this. What happens
if
you use Ctrl+A? Is all of the text in the document selected? If so,
what
happens if you then press the left arrow key? is the cursor then located
at
the beginning of the document? And can you then move it anywhere in the
document?

--
Please post any further questions or followup to the newsgroups for the
benefit of others who may be interested. Unsolicited questions forwarded
directly to me will only be answered on a paid consulting basis.

Hope this helps
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"philip carr" wrote in message
Once merge is complete I can not then edit the letter ie I can not
place
the
cursor in the text. I used to be able to make edits after merging with
previous word edition.

I often merge a letter to say 10 customers once merged I somtimes find
the
text does not look correct because of the differing sizes of the merged
content and so before printing I would like to be able to insrt and
elte
spaces to correct the layout.

As I say I used to be able to do this and I am not sure whats happened
,
maybe its just a setting preference that I do not Know about?

Regards

Philip Carr
"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

That should not be the case. Once a merge is executed to a new
document,
that new document no longer has any connection with the merge process.

I am not sure what you mean by "unless i un m." in your subject line.

--
Please post any further questions or followup to the newsgroups for
the
benefit of others who may be interested. Unsolicited questions
forwarded
directly to me will only be answered on a paid consulting basis.

Hope this helps
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"philip carr" philip wrote in message
news I often merge a number of letters at once and sometims need to edit
just
one
of the letters I used to be able to do this with word 2000 but in
word
2002
the letter/s once merged seem to be locked