See http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/conc...ion/index.html and
http://home.earthlink.net/~wordfaqs/GettingStarted.htm

"rck" wrote in message
.net...

"E. Barry Bruyea" wrote in message
On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 04:55:58 GMT, "rck"
wrote:

I used to have this neat little program in DOS called Professional

Write.
It
was just like using a typewriter and did exactly what I wanted it to do.
But
alas, DOS is gone, all in the name of "improving" things. Word drives me
nuts, always hyphenating things I don't want hyphenated, indenting what

don't want indented, capitalizing what I don't want capitalized and
generally making a mess out of my documents. Is there a way to stop it
from
"helping" me?

Bob

All of the 'nasty' functions you've described can be controlled, but,
unfortunately, that means you have to learn how to use the program.

In case you hadn't noticed, MS doesn't include instruction books anymore,
and the so-called "help" files don't give much help, so learning MS
applications these days is a matter of trial and error. I just don't have
the time to mess with it. From where I sit, software should be helping me
not hindering what I want to do. I merely asked if there was a simple way

turn this stuff off and all the Mickeysoft people get their fur raised up
and ready to fight.

Bob