Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
HJ HJ is offline

Default Word 2007 tab stop spacing

Hi,

I am testing a Microsoft Access 2003 application in Microsoft Access 2007
and I notice a difference when I export a report to Word (using 'Publish
with Microsoft Word' in Access 2003 and 'Export to RTF file' in Access
2007).

The difference is the space between the fields in the table layout. The
fields are seperated by tab stops and the records should be displayed like:

Company name Employee Phone
Microsoft Access Corp. John Doe 01010101

In Word 2003 this is correct, but in Word 2007 I see the records like this:

Company name Employee Phone
Microsoft Access Corp. John Doe 01010101

The free space that Word 2007 maintains between the fields (or columns if
you like) appears to be 0 centimeters/inches, where it seems to be about 1
centimeter in Word 2003. Therefor the tab stop for the next column 'is too
far to the right' for texts that are exactly as long as the field/column is
wide and the column is not straight anymore.

How can I resolve this?

HJ