The one on the PC is for Windows, not Office/Word/Works Suite.

"lap" wrote in message
i've had my pc since oct 2002 and have never been able to get into word.

At
login stage it asks for a 25 digit reference number. the only one i've got

is
on the underside of the pc itself and every variation of this has been

used
to no avail. Does any one know of a solution? I have tried the registry

keys
option as per a article on this site but it said that this doesn't always
work and it didn't. I'm using windows xp.
many thanks
novice lesley