Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How to make a new doc open in same Word window as current doc?

Yes, but I posted a complete and correct answer over seven hours earlier, 40
minutes after the question was posted. Evidently the OP didn't see it, or
perhaps a single sentence, "In Word 2002 or 2003, clear the check box for
'Windows in Taskbar,'" was too simple.

"FastWordHelp" wrote in message
Thank you for your suggestion.

This link will now work the same:

http://www.FastWordHelp.com/QandA.php?question=4

--John
http://www.FastWordHelp.com

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

A correct and complete answer is shorter than that URL!

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"FastWordHelp" wrote in message
Hello jblilbear,

This link will walk you through the steps to take to get Word to show

up
only once in your taksbar:

http://www.fastlivehelp.com/QandA.ph...0my%20taskbar?

--John
www.FastWordHelp.com

"jblilbear" wrote:

When I open a new document, it opens a new Word program window and I

would
like it to open the document in the SAME Word program window as the

currently
opened one. How do I change this?