Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Kimberly Kimberly is offline

Default "page set up" issue

Stefan, you're really close to helping me by suggesting I modify normal.dot.
I didn't know the name of this file or even where to find it. It made me pay
attention to what default page opens when I open Word or click on "new blank
document"... it's call document1. If I close that file and try again, it just
keeps opening document2,3,4,etc. So my question changes... and I can't seem
to find the answer in "help". How do I change the default file, when I open
Word or request a "new blank document, to "Notebook" (notebook.got)? My
notebook.dot file is perfect with no "page setup" issues.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Make sure that the cursor is not in a text box or frame when trying to
access the Page Setup dialog box.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Kimberly" wrote in message
This option is grayed out and not available to alter page settings.
How can I correct this?