Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Word probelem: item not collected on clipboard

Do the shortcuts work in other apps.? If so then it is possible that the
office clipboard has become corrupt. Repairing Office should fix it. See
also http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm

shez wrote:
I am using Office 2003 and have a problem with Word. I generally use
the shortcut keys to copy/cut and paste but now they don't seem to be
working. In fact, none of the methods for copying/cutting seem to
work. When I display the clipboard I get a message saying 'item not
collected' after I have selected some text and then tried the various
combinations of ctrl c and ctrl v or using the toolbar or edit
menu options. I have used Office for years but this has stumped me
and I would really appreciate some help. Thanks.