Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Word doesn't always display over other windows

"Creating a Word shortcut in Excel" wrote:

When I open up another Word wIndow from Word (click on open icon) or by
clicking on a link in Excel, Word doesn't always display the new Window on
top of the others. I have to click on the Word list of open files in the tray
on the start line.

This will happen if Word is already open when you click the link (or icon).
But note that the task bar button for the newly opened document window will
be blinking.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Also Word is taling longer to open up a new file. Around 9 seconds. If I do
a clean boot, it takes about 3 seconds. I've been trying to track down what
other program or driver maybe causing this probem. I have also run Detach and
Repair several times.