Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
captquazar captquazar is offline

Default intelligent mail barcodes

Hi I have the same question with additional info. I my case, barcodes are
created for us by a mail house for use in the USA. USA mail intelligent
barcodes. A test file was sent to us in excel. US postal IB "fonts" have
been installed in our XP workstations. We are used to useing MS mailmerge;
resulting file is a word doc formated for #10 envelopes. (Office 2003) How
do I convert the excel file to a ready to print word doc? Can this even be
done in office 2003? If not what is the exact procedure for office 2007?
How does the printer know a specific string is the bar code sequence?

"macropod" wrote:

Hi Frank,

Intelligent mail barcode for what country? Do you have the intelligent mail barcode font, plus a field containing the verified
barcode character sequence in your data source?

--
Cheers
macropod

"Frank" wrote in message ...
We are trying to place an intelligent mail barcode in mailmerge using word
2007. Is there someone that can help us with this problem.