Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Word Postcards - Mail Merge

Just cancel that message, and even though you do so, the document will have
been converted to a mail merge label type document to which you can attach a
data source.

It may be best however not to rely on the propogate facility to propogate
the set up of the first "label" to the other label on the sheet and instead,
just insert the required mergefields into both of the postcards in the
locations where you want them and insert a Next Record field before the
first mergefield on the second postcard.

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

a paid professional basis.
"Mishelley" wrote in message
I set up an 8.5 x 11 document with 2 up post cards using a Microsoft
template. This document contains images and text. I would like mail
merge
addresses from excel onto this. However, when I try to set the merge up
as
labels, Word wants to delete the document. How can I do this?