Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Trevor Doyle[_2_] Trevor Doyle[_2_] is offline

Default Word count issue

I'm sorry to say this, but I really don't think there is a way that I know
of. There is a way to not have it count footers and headers and text boxes
etc. By selecting the review tab abc word count check or uncheck the box.

The best way I can think of to get around your problem is to count the
symbols like that and subtract it from the total.

You can use the Ctrl + F command to find the symbols and numbers that you
dont want.

"dr.heskett" wrote:

Word 7 has a handy word count function, but it counts as "words" things like
Roman numerals, + signs (like this: + + + + + + + = 7 words), and so on. Is
there any way to change this? Thanks!