Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Why does Mail Merge create mulitple copies of the same label?

You are not actually executing the merge. Rather all that you are doing is
viewing/printing a preview of the result as you iterate through the data
source one record at a time

You must execute the merge to a printer or a new document and then you will
get the data from four records on each page.

See the article €śMailmerge Labels with Word XP€ť on fellow MVP Graham Mayors
website at

or €śMail Merge with Word 2007€ť on fellow MVP Graham Mayors website at

http://www.gmayor.com/merge_labels_with_word_2007.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"one volunteer" one wrote in message
I've created a custom 4"xc4" label with four on a page. When I mail merge
from an Excel list, each entry is duplicated on consecutive pages until I
have 4 of each. If I use 3"x4" labels with six on a page, it duplicates
the
entries until I have each one 6 times. They aren't duplicated on the same
page, but on consecutive pages in the next label position on the page.