Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mark Forstater Mark Forstater is offline

Default Prevent line of asterisks from turning into a bullet line?

A. How do I stop creating these? B. How do I delete the horizontal lines that I have created in error? I am using the latest office program creating docx files.

On Wednesday, February 17, 2010 12:12 PM Rick wrote:

I often type a line of 20 or so asterisks to act as an informal
section divider in my text. As soon as I hit Enter, though, Word 2007
turns it into a line of bullets. How can I prevent that? Thanks.

On Wednesday, February 17, 2010 2:10 PM Stefan Blom wrote:

Click the Office button, and then click Word Options. In the Proofing
category, click the AutoCorrect Options button. On the AutoFormat As You
Type tab, clear the "Border lines" option. You may also want to clear
"Automatic bulleted list" and "Automatic numbered lists" options. When you
are done, click OK twice.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP