skippercollector skippercollector is offline
Junior Member

Default basic mail merge questions

Word 97-2003 was installed on my PC at work a few months ago. I have found the mail merge program to be far less user-friendly than the older Word mail merges. I have a bunch of mail merges that I use for different sets of addresses for envelopes and letters, depending on where the mailings are going. I also use the mail merges for reference, such as if I need to look up just one person's address.
These are my questions about Word 97-2003.
1. Is it possible to print the chart itself, rather than the directory? That way I can easily see if something needs to be retyped or added.
2. I know how to sort the different columns, but what if I want to cut and paste so that the list is somewhat out of order? For instance, what if I want to alphabetize the list, and yet have someone else's name at the top (such as the boss's boss)?
3. Is it possible to do a "Search and Replace"? For example, what if I want to change everyone's "St." to "Street"?