Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lisa Wilke-Thissen[_2_] Lisa Wilke-Thissen[_2_] is offline

Default Complex merge fields/IF statements

Hi,

[Word 2010]
I would like to display the "Title" field only if it is NOT Mr., Mrs.,
Miss, or Ms. I only want OTHER titles to display (examples are Dr., Col.,
but those aren't the only ones; they can vary).

Try {IF {MERGEFIELD Title} "Mr." "{IF {MERGEFIELD Title} "Mrs." "{IF
{MERGEFIELD Title} "Miss" "{MERGEFIELD Title}" ""}" ""}" ""}

I want to show "ClassYear2" or "ClassYear3" (and a comma preceding each of
them) only if there is content in those fields.

Use the switch \b to add a character, e.g. a comma before the field: {
Mergefield ClassYear2 \b ","}

I have a MiddleName and a NickName field that will sometimes have
information, sometimes not.

Use the switch \b to add something before a non empty field, use the switch
\f to add something after a non empty field.

--
Cheers,
Lisa