Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default How do i get section numbers in my heading?

If you are using the built-in headings, do this to add numbering to them: On
the Home ribbon tab, click Multilevel List, and then, under "List Library,"
choose a numbering scheme that includes the headings (Heading 1, Heading 2,
Heading 3) and that is similar to what you want. Then place the insertion
point inside the first Heading 1 paragraph (now numbered), and click Home
tab | Multilevel List | Define New Multilevel List. This displays a dialog
box similar to the one from previous versions of Word; for a description of
the options, see
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"dani mac!" wrote in message
Im trying to figure out how to change the style i have set at the moment!

The font size, colour etc is correct, but im tryin to get the number
things
to go in (technical term i know!)

Ie:

SECTION 1 BIG HEADING

1.01 little heading

(and)

1.01.01 even littler heading

i cant figure out where is is on my 2007 word to enter the 1.01 and the
1.01.01 so that they automaticaly number each heading..

any help would be amazing thankyou!!!!