Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stephen Larivee Stephen Larivee is offline

Default numerals in a mail merge

Thanks, but I found my help. I did a search and there was the answer, in an
word.mvps.org FAQ section!! Tried it and it worked. Life is good again.

"Stephen Larivee" wrote in message
Word 2003 on Windows XP

I have some numbers with varying numbers of decimals. I have them in
Excel. I formated them with two decimal places. When I bring them in to
Word as a data source, they are showing a larger number of decimal places
in some cases. 0.2 in Excel may come out as .200000000001, for example.
( I am guessing at the number of zeroes)
Next, I copied the numbers and pasted them in NotePad to lose any
formating and then pasted them into a new spreadsheet. But when I bring
these into a mail merge, I am getting the same results.
What am I doing wrong? I would like all numbers to display with
consistent decimal places, preferably two.
Thank you